Monday, November 2, 2009

It's Been Christmas for Six Weeks Already


Chorus rehearsals started at the end of September, so I've been humming Christmas music for weeks and weeks, rehearsing for the Christmas concert in mid-December. Thankfully, now that Halloween is over, the stores are beginning to match. (Note - this is irony. I'm not really thankful that stores are putting Christmas stuff up already.)


It's going to be cold this week and I'm planning on starting a fire in the wood stove tonight after work. I can't tell yet if this is the fire that will carry me through to spring, or if it will get warm again. It will go through the rest of the week, that's for sure.


At 4:30 this morning when I was in that space between sleep and awake and thoughts were spinning through my head, I got an idea about the dog fence. I'm going to buy a few hundred feet of the wire, use it to join two sides of the loop, making the area used by the loggers outside the circuit instead of inside. I priced the wire, and it's cheap enough to make this a no-brainer. Much cheaper than a hurt or lost dog (although I have one of those already). That time between sleep and awake is always enjoyable, but sometimes it's useful too!


PS - the line spacing through Blogger is pretty random. Sometimes I get two spaces between every paragraph, but more often I get no spaces between paragraphs, and have to go back in and edit until it shows up right (or close to right). When there are no spaces and I have to edit the HTML directly, it always ends up with two spaces, which is what you see today. I'm guessing I'm the only one that notices, but I can be a perfectionist sometimes. Definitely not a WYSIWYG editor!

No comments:

Post a Comment