Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Southern Rock

I've been on a southern rock kick lately. It seems to have the right amount of guts and rock to it, and is not excessively twangy. In the late winter months it was Drive By Truckers almost exclusively, and recently I've added Steve Earle, Joe Ely, Jack Ingram and James McMurtry to the mix.

Instigating this whole music kick was the XM radio channel Outlaw Country. It's pretty irreverent and I need some of that attitude these days.

It's a great mix: using the chainsaw or some other piece of noisy destructive equipment with my ears plugged listening to raucus country-ish music. I'm not ready to go full into country music, but just wait - as I become more homestead-y I may slide right into that country vein.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry if this gets posed twice

    "Choctaw Bingo" is an awesome song.

    ReplyDelete