200 year-old house on 25 rocky acres in high country upstate NY and SO many highbush blueberries!
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Visual Progress Report
June 15th status of everything in the south yard (from lower center left clockwise):
- Woodshed rebuild is not complete.
- Chickens are happy, but not being moved frequently enough (coop is difficult to move), they leave denuded dirt in their wake.
- Cherry trees and orchard doing OK. Apricots are just beginning to leaf out. If they're this slow in future years, I doubt I'll ever get apricots. Moved a bunch of rocks from here today on my day off (cue any song about the hard rock pile).
- goat shed and yard. Spent 1/2 hour last night before bed time with them in their yard. They are really amusing!
- garden raised beds. Planted a bunch of stuff I've never grown before without doing research on how or when to harvest! I'm not going to complain about this "problem."
- sundial. Slowly removing grass from around the rock it's resting on. Considering which ground cover to use.
(Yeah, OK. This seems Power-point-y to me. I do project updates like this for work ALL the time. Finally - a project update on something I care about!)