Thursday, February 25, 2010

Two Feet


I think we all tend to exaggerate a  bit (I got THIS much snow she says, holding arms outstretched!).   My weather up here on the mountain is so extreme compared to folks that I work or socialize with, that I don't think people believe me when I say things like I got 2 feet of snow. It certainly seemed as though I got a ton of snow, but I wasn't sure what to tell people. So I took a tape measure out to see how deep it really was.

It's really 2 feet.



There's a car to the left of the truck, you can tell because the mirror is sticking out.  In fact, the ground was clear on Monday.  I drove that car on Monday.


When I went out to shovel a few times during the day, I noticed a weird,  blue light in cracks and crevasses.  I'm sure it has to do with light wavelengths and absorption and other scientific stuff, but it seemed like the Snow King was down there holding court.


Since the temperature is above 32 degrees, the snow has slumped to half it's former splendor.  To add insult to injury, it's raining now, so the snow may not last much longer at all.  I optimistically think the Snow King was presiding over their end-of-season festival!

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl!, get ready...you know what's coming tonight...two feet will look wimpy when it's over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still raining!! (she says with hope in her heart....)

    ReplyDelete