Thursday, February 4, 2010

Weather in High Places

I keep links to weather at places I've lived, or places I've been and wish I lived, so my Yahoo page looks partly like this.  I look at the weather and imagine myself wherever, with a warm breeze blowing, or rain pelting on me.  Or whatever.  It's a cheap vacation.

This time of year I get really attuned to how warm (or cold) it is where I am compared to the average temperature, or compared to somewhere else.

What I can't get over is that Bozeman, Montana is warmer than where I am!  Bozeman's been on my list for years, it's a great town.  It first got on my radar screen when I read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (yes, after I read that, I felt I had to go there).  My brother-in-law thinks it's a glorified truck stop, but I've been there 2 or 3 times now, once on purpose and then once or twice on my way somewhere else, and I really really like it!

The thing is, in the year that I've been here in upstate, NY, Bozeman has always been warmer than here.

What gives??? I thought Montana was a cold place!  Uh oh.  Maybe Montana is a cold place, but upstate New York is colder!

1 comment: