Monday, July 12, 2010

No Second Date

There will be no second date with Mr East.  I very much appreciate his call and the conversation we had, but am not a happy person right now.  He's the second creative-type person who had gone all-out, overcoming my reserve before we'd even met.  I knew it was a mistake to let my guard down and fell for it anyway.  Some will argue that it's better to have loved and lost, yadda, yadda, yadda.  But myself, I prefer walking slowly into these things.  Silly, silly me.  The challenge is to have some variant of this happen (I don't like him or he doesn't like me) over and over  yet come back and try again.  And again. And again.  The dream of finding a partner won't let me give up.  But good lord, sometimes this is painful!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! Shall I fly down there and bash him for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about that. Maybe not doing the crossword was more than he could handle! Surprising that you didn't sense that the phone call would be coming. I thought, even though disappointing in light of good emails and conversations before the date, it would have been obvious during the date that it wasn't a click... Keep lovin' the goats and chickens...
    someday your prince will come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men!!! So, sorry. Good that he called and didn't leave you hanging out there waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, J. I think it's hard to dial down our optimism when things start out, it just is. I'll be thinking about you today - keep busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the offer Heather! I'll save it for one that's a *real* jerk. Hee Hee. I think this guy just got ahead of himself.

    Karen Sue - it's usually real obvious when it's going to go nowhere. Only this time and one other time have I been surprised.

    Thanks for the good thoughts Judy and Linda!

    ReplyDelete