Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Tax Refund and Re-Assessing

Here's my tax refund!
It's a winter house for the goats and the chickens, going up.  It's a 12 x 16 shed, but I'm going to be lofty about it and call it a barn.

Here's the woodshed.
Also going up. 

After last week's experience with Mr East, I'm beginning to reasses what exactly I want to do.  Internet dating has been a huge drain on my energy.  Being an optimist I keep on saying to myself, "Keep on trying, it will happen when you least expect it."  But I've been saying that to myself for years.  Years!  This one is a writer/journalist/spokesman/teacher and (generalizing here) as a creative type went for the big emotional bang instead of the slow and steady build up.  (Since he's a good writer and communicator, it was really good!)  I harbor a secret fantasy about being swept away, so I only weakly try to put the brakes on, and willingly fall for it when he ignores my defenses.  He's the second one to ask if he could stay in my life, and after I get my balance back, I'll invite him to do something.  He's a fun guy.  We really did enjoy talking to each other, and I'm very happy with the mature way he communicated his feelings to me.  I've made a few friends from internet dating.  I'm OK with that.

But what has me thinking is this.  What if, after all this time spent looking for Mr Right on the internets, I find someone to date for a month, or a year or two and then end up right back here, looking.  Would it be worth it?  Would I be better off investing the time and energy into making real friends, real relationships with real people?  I don't know the answer to that, but am looking forward to enjoying the journey anyway.

Tonight is fire drill night.  We're going to learn about car extricating stuff.  Mr North is still in the picture somewhere, as well as Mr South, who I met over a month ago.  Options, I gots.

1 comment:

  1. construction around there is looking good. You'll be sitting in a better place come fall.. When is the time that you start your wood?? You're 2 steps ahead with the new woodshed AND no wood to get out of your basement!!

    ReplyDelete