Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sharing the Bed

Here's who I'm sharing the bed with these days. Two black dogs. If you thought the bed looks suspiciously like two mattresses on the floor, you're right. In the depths of last winter, after sleeping on an uncomfortable sofa bed in front of the wood stove for three months, I bought these mattresses from someone on Craigslist.

I planned to sleep upstairs again when it got warm, but Desmond's hips started hurting and he couldn't handle stairs any more. So I moved the mattresses into another room on the first floor for the summer. When it gets cold again, I'll move everything back into the room with the wood stove and close off most of the house to keep the front room as warm as possible. I'm almost looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment