Friday, September 11, 2009

What I Did Last Night

If you were holding your breath waiting for the outcome of yesterday's dilemma, let me start by saying that I had pretty much made the decision before I left work. You may know from prior postings of mine that if I go home without my evening task firmly in mind, nothing will happen. I use up 99 and 44/100ths percent of my brain capacity at work and there's generally nothing left for evening. I'm a morning person.


That said, here's my logic. It's blackberry season. Blackberry season doesn't last forever. Those 10 stumps however, are not going anywhere any time soon.

I'm just busting at the seams to tell you something totally unrelated that I read in the paper earlier this week! When I was skimming an uninteresting article about the Kraft/Cadbury hijinks (Kraft is trying to buy Cadbury), my eyes lit upon an important factoid in a paragraph about the Kraft CEO, Irene Rosenfeld. It said, (I wish I could quote but I'm having problems with online access to the paper) something like, "One of Ms Rosenfeld's first actions as CEO was to increase the amount of cheese in Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. The amount had previously been decreased in a cost-cutting measure." I knew it! Kraft Macaroni and Cheese afficionados everywhere can rejoice!


I know that's very important news, and if you thought I was delaying the inevitable, you'd be right. Without further ado - here's the pie! It was yummy. A bit crunchy with lots of seeds, but yummy. Did I do something wrong? Is blackberry pie supposed to be crunchy?


No comments:

Post a Comment