Friday, August 7, 2009

Project with a Capital P



I've got a hankering to start a Project. That's Project with a capital P. Here are some old patterns I got in a thrift store in Cleveland a few years ago, and some fabric I got in Oman in early 2008. I really, really want to make one of these dresses with one of these fabrics.



The reason why this is a capital P Project? None of the patterns is my size, so I'd have to re-jigger the pattern. Plus, the fabric has a nap with this edge pattern and I'll have to play with it a bit to get it right. All of us sewers know how time-consuming sewing really is. You spend much more time laying out, pinning, cutting, basting, etc, etc, etc. And hardly any time actually sewing. If I actually started this Project, it would take all weekend.



But since it's predicted to be sunny and dry all weekend, for like the 3rd time all summer, I would rather be outside. I should really save this Project for winter, but who wants to sew summer-weight things in the winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment