I whined last week about a long list of things that were unresolved and not moving forward. I'm happy to report that most of the items have inched forward, at least a bit. I'm a big fan of progress.
I got 6 gallons of apple cider fermenting on Friday. It will ferment for about 3 weeks before I put it into another container to go a little longer.
The chicken coop should start the trip to NY from Texas today, almost a month overdue. I hope I'll be able to put it together this weekend and finally get my long-suffering hens out of their too-small quarters and outside into fresh air. (Then I can clean the chicken poop and smell out of the front porch!)
The logger brought over the shed he promised to bring me. It's less than I expected, but I suppose it qualifies as a shelter up through fall. It's 4 x 8 x about 6 feet high, has a roof and a floor, but open walls. It does have a closing, latching door which is better than I expected. I'll plan to pick the goats up next weekend, which will give me time to get the fence up and get a feeder and waterer.
And lastly, the book says I can transplant the broccoli, rabe and leeks outside this week, and plant peas outside. The tomatoes, and peppers are doing well on the upper shelf. The peppers took a month to start growing. I'm glad I was patient.
4 hours ago