- It's mud season! The driveway's so muddy that I haven't been able to put a car on it for the last week. It rained a lot in the last few days, so the lake has gotten bigger and is now draining over the driveway into the other side of the yard. The wood that the loggers brought last fall is floating!
- I've had internet problems for the last month or so. I'm not sure what part of the system isn't working (antenna, USB modem, router, laptop), but it works intermittently and consumes a bunch of time restarting stuff when it isn't working. I've upgraded the driver sets and the firmware of the USB modem. I just reset the router and had to edit the network on both laptops since I changed some small thing from last time. It's working now, fingers crossed.
- Yesterday morning after I had just gotten to work and was getting ready to take a shower, the water heater peeps called and said they were on their way to my house. So, 45 minutes back home I drove. They replaced the water heater, but almost 24 hours later, I still don't have hot water. They are coming back out today - so I have to be at home for the third day in a row.
- I'm down to burning either punky or wet wood in the wood stove. It's almost a waste of time to burn it at all. It takes forever, and doesn't even heat up the stove to 400 so I can start running it through the catalyst and actually heat up the house.
- I was not able to interest anyone in going with me to the local farmers' dinner at the brewpub, so I'll have to go by myself. I've eaten alone at restaurants all over the world, so I know that one doesn't actually die from eating alone at a restaurant. It's just not my favorite thing to do.
Fresh Woods and Wetlands New!
16 hours ago