I didn't get the chicken coop finished yesterday because I was surprised by something. I was merrily working my way through pages 6 and 7 (of 10) on the instructions and I pulled out a piece off threaded rod, 5/8" thick with some tape on it.
Whaa??? Holy crap! How am I going to cut 5/8-inch rod in half? So I tried the jigsaw. Dulled and broke a jigsaw blade, tried the hacksaw for waay too long, and then finally remembered my trusty sawzall. Thankfully, I happen to have a metal-cutting blade (for all the nails I cut through with this thing years ago). The sawzall made short work of it, but something I did screwed up the first thread, making the whole piece unusable until I spent another hour on it figuring out how to fix my mistake. I finally just cut the offending thread off. Thanks again sawzall! I luurve you, sawzall!
I'm past the point of being mad about this coop "kit." To be constructive, I've started a very long list of carefully worded suggestions that I'll send to the company owner/seller after I finish. I'm hoping to finish today. There's only one thing left to do - of course I may be surprised again...
A Short Trip to the Adirondacks
11 hours ago