Friday, May 21, 2010
Well, as this picture shows, the install was a bit harder than I anticipated. The nifty tool didn't work because my radio was tightly attached with lots of screws buried far beneath the dashboard. Of course I didn't know that when I tried the nifty little tool and failed. As each little step failed, I found myself going farther and farther into the depths of my car. In the project management world, this is called "scope creep." Wednesday night found me cutting and splicing individual wires from one wire harness into another one. Thursday morning saw me driving to work with parts of my dashboard hanging loose and free, commando-style. After a lunchtime surgery session in the car, a quick internet search and an emergency re-opening of the dashboard wound, the whole thing is back together and working nicely.
I didn't expect this radio install to be the project that it was, but as the scope of the project creeped bigger and bigger, I was determined to get it done before the weekend. I'm not going to do any projects this weekend. This weekend, I'm going do little things. Transplant tomatoes, finish cleaning up from the chicken coop project, move the goats to a new area, etc, etc. Nothing special. This weekend, I'm going to putter.
If Pancho isn't back later today, I'm going to make a few flyers to give to the peeps on my street to see if anyone has seen him. It's doubtful, since people are about 5% of the options, while wild is about 95%, but I've got to try. It takes some getting used to, this idea that there's nothing I can do to bring him back. As well as the idea that he may not come back. It's my first loss like this. Ever.