Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Leaf Photos

Here are some pictures I took on my way home from work yesterday. The one is about 3 miles from my house.


The same pondThis one, about 3/4 mile from my house. If you were able to see through the large clump of trees, you might see my place. An old timer stopped over on Sunday who used to live near where I stood when taking this last photo. He says that when he was a child, he could see my house from his yard. Now trees have grown up on both ends.


It's hard not to feel lucky at times like this.

4 comments:

  1. You live in truly beautiful territory. Our fall colors aren't as nice as usual this year . . . in large part due to the terrible wind storm we had a week and a half ago. So nice to see your pictures.

    Why can't this time of year last for . . . oh, say, three or four months?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish! It was cold, foggy and DARK this morning. It felt like winter, except not as cold. I'm so not emotionally ready for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's only 'cause you had such a terribly hard winter, emotionally AND physically, last year. You are so much better prepared this year!

    I'm finding it R-E-A-L-L-Y hard to get up these mornings because it's more than a little chilly outside the blankets and it's (to quote you) DARK!! But that will change a little bit soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right Mama Pea! Part of my dread is from remembering last winter! When it was so windy the other day, the wind was blowing right through the house, just like last winter. Time to put up all the things I've planned to do!

    ReplyDelete