Monday, October 5, 2009

Milestones

So while I was all woe-is-me last weekend, a few milestones happened that deserve mention.

1) All of my clothes are clean. Every single piece! It happens infrequently enough that it should get a shout out. Or I should get a shout out for getting it done.
2) The fuel oil tank is full
3) The septic tank is empty (or was on Friday evening)
4) I primed the front door (*finally* huh - mom). The front door that was on the house when I bought it wouldn't even close. At it's most closed, there was a 6 inch opening, and snow would blow in. It was just bad. I bought this door from an architectural salvage place for $80 and had it put on in February. I need to seal some cracks and then I'm going to paint it green.

It's time to come out of the funk and get moving. I allowed myself a short period of mourning, but it's time to look at the sun again. It's been many, many years since something like this has socked me in the gut, and I hope it will not come often to these shores. I am bound to get it wrong often enough, but I will not stop trying. Enough. I am done talking about this. It's time to talk about homesteading.

1 comment:

  1. Now THAT'S a list anyone can be proud of!

    Folding laundry is one of my least favorite jobs, along with putting dishes away. Don't know why...

    ReplyDelete